Friday, March 7, 2014

Uggghhh

So, W had a detention to serve last week for getting 3 points taken off his planner. I picked him up at 3:30 in front of the school, no big deal.

Fast forward to Wednesday: I get a call from his PE teacher to schedule his detention. Um, I said, "he served that at the front office last week, and I picked him up at 3:30." Come to find out, W just stood in the foyer the entire time, going in and out of the doors. When asked what he was doing, he said, "waiting for my mom to pick me up at 3:30." He was RIGHT there by the front office, WTH didn't he just go there and sit for that 1/2 hour?

Then, he LIED about serving the detention to everyone! He told me, his teacher, his PE teacher, and admin that he served it and didn't recant until his teacher got off the phone with the front office to verify. So, he's in even bigger trouble for lying now. He has to serve a Saturday school from 8-10 am next weekend. He is grounded from the tablet and any video games; we were going to go see Mr. Peabody and Sherman as the Lights Up, Sounds Down movie, but we aren't now. I'm so frustrated with him. I have no idea what goes through that kid's mind sometimes.

It's bad enough that he is 'that kid' that makes teachers cringe because of his defiance, fidgeting, and impulsiveness from his Asperger's; now he's also going to be known as a liar. This year has been exceptionally rough on him, and he's not making it any easier on himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment